Who we are, what we do & why we do it
Firecell aims to democratize private 4G & 5G networks worldwide and enable small and medium-sized enterprises to connect and upgrade their existing industrial facilities / logistic centers in order to gain efficiency and productivity.
With several contracts worth a million dollars signed, Firecell's original approach proves to attract many market players looking for flexibility, transparency and independence in the development of their 4G and 5G offers.
Firecell was recently selected by Alchemist, the US accelerator specialist in B2B to speed-up our traction worldwide.
We therefore need someone autonomous, rigorous and benevolent to help us grow!
What will be your role & missions
The Validation Engineer is responsible for the quality of the products that are delivered to our customers. He/she is part of the R&D team and works with the CTO and CPO.
The Validation Engineer has an important role in the organization of the quality process and ensures the test coverage of the product features.
In this role, you will coordinate various activities with the CTO, R&D team, and Product/Project team such as:
- Ensure the coverage of all feature by editing a proper test plan,
- Contribute to the development of the test framework for the execution of the test plan
- Provide Test report at the end of each development cycle
- Work with project team to define the acceptance test plan for the delivery of the products
- Perform the E2E testing of the features and be the quality controller of the product.
- Define the different test cycles Performance testing, Endurance Testing, Functional testing, and feature testing.
- Contribute to the automation of the testing cycles and integrate them in the CI/CD pipelines
About you - what we are looking for
Ideally, we would rather hire someone who has already a similar experience of a few years in this field either through another startup or someone who can help us accelerate right away.
We also hire potentials, so if you have only part of the experience but you are rigorous and reliable, open to others, thirsty to learn, you have good interpersonal skills, a sense of teamwork, you are autonomous, enthusiast, energetic and learn new stuff every month, we will consider your profile.
Top experiences/skills we will consider are:
- You possess an bachelors/master’s degree in telecommunications/computer science-Electronics and communications
- You have 3 to 5 years prior experience as validation Engineer/Test Engineer for mobile networks and ideally an experience of the Telecommunication Industry
- Knowledge of a wide variety of management tools like Jira, GitLab, Jenkins.
- Hands-on protocol knowledge on one or more of the following
- LTE/5G RAN (RRC, PDCP, MAC, RLC, etc)
- CORE protocol stack (NAS, S1AP, GTPC/U and 5G CN interfaces, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with OAI eNB/gNB is an added advantage
- Experience with usage QCAT, QXDM, Amarisoft UE simulator is added advantage
- Having automation experience is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems and CLI commands
- Experience in creating test plans and test case designs
- Experience in deploying docker compose, Kubernetes is added advantage
- Experience working with R&D teams to develop test plans based on product features
- Experience in analyzing logs, IP captures protocols definition.
- Familiarity with python and other scripting languages is added advantage
- Autonomous and proactive: you like to propose new validation process and tools
- The ability to find creative solutions to complex engineering problems
- A methodical mind, aattention to detail, aanalytical thinking, eenergetic and positive attitude
What you will be a part of
We are an ambitious and innovative Telecom software company. We are global, well-funded and supported by a highly skilled team of talents and advisors from France, the US and Germany. We want to build a worldwide open-source champion and we are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out.
We have 4 main values that guide everything we do:
- Be Open - to change, to movement, to challenges, to criticism, to get better
- Be Pragmatic - simple steps are better than grand plans, success is built thanks to thousands of small steps, some are failures, and many are successes
- Be Reliable - each team member is accountable and responsible for his own field, so that the team is stronger when facing collective challenges
- Be empathetic - we are all humans with feelings, we all have the right to make mistakes, we are willing our customers, colleagues and partners to succeed. Our time at work should be a source of joy in our lives
What we will give you - the perks
- Competitive salary
- Performance Based-Bonus
- Flexible working
- Employer-paid private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Learning and social events
- Contract: CDI, full time employment
- Beginning: ASAP
- Flexible hours including remote work
- Location: Nice, France - in the French Riviera (sunny all year long)
Answer directly through the LinkedIn process or send your CV and a motivation letter by email to [email protected]