Who we are, what we do & why we do it
Firecell aims to democratize private 4G & 5G networks worldwide and enable small and medium-sized enterprises to connect and upgrade their existing industrial facilities / logistic centers in order to gain efficiency and productivity.
With several contracts worth a million dollars signed, Firecell's original approach proves to attract many market players looking for flexibility, transparency and independence in the development of their 4G and 5G offers.
Firecell was recently selected by Alchemist, the US accelerator specialist in B2B to speed-up our traction worldwide.
DevOps Engineer Job Description: Roles and Responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer is working in an agile R&D team and contributes to the evolution and stabilization of Firecell 4G/5G products in particular contributing to the Validation and CI/CD process. He/she is part of the R&D team and works with the CTO and CPO.
It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner and deliver the responsibilities to the customer’s satisfaction.
The DevOps Engineer has an important role in the R&D team for the development and improvement of the 4G/5G RAN layer of our products.
In this role, you will be integrated in our R&D team, and interact with the Product/Project team such as:
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
About you - what we are looking for
Ideally, we would rather hire someone who has already a similar experience of a few years in this field either through another startup or someone who can help us accelerate right away.
We also hire potentials, so if you have only part of the experience but you are rigorous and reliable, open to others, thirsty to learn, you have good interpersonal skills, a sense of teamwork, you are autonomous, enthusiast, energetic and learn new stuff every month, we will definitely consider your profile.
Top experiences we will consider are:
- You possess a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in telecommunications/computer science-Electronics and communications
- You have 3 to 5 years prior experience as DevOps Engineer for mobile networks and ideally an experience of the Telecommunication Industry
- Knowledge of a wide variety of management tools like Jira is added advantage.
- Experience in creating CI/CD proves for products like eNodeB/GNB with 4G/5G NAS/SA setups
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Gitlab CI pipeline and integration of Kibana or Grafana is added advantage
- Good experience with scripting language like python, bash etc is added advantage
- Experience with Implementation of CPP checks and memory leak tools in CI/CD pipelines is added advantage
- Hands-on experience in managing source code in Gitlab is added advantage
- Experience in management of dockers and containers using docker compose or Kubernetes.
- Awareness in C/C++ programming is added advantage
- Experience with managing makefile or cmakefile project build process is added advantage.
- Protocol knowledge on one or more of the following is added advantage
- LTE/5G RAN (RRC, PDCP, MAC, RLC, etc)
- CORE protocol stack (NAS, S1AP, GTPC/U and 5G CN interfaces etc.)
- Experience in Test validation and automation integration in the CI/CD pipeline
- Attitude to collaborative development and engagement to code quality
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Good knowledge of IP networks and routing.
- Autonomous and proactive: you like to propose new validation process and tools
- Energetic and positive
- Native or fluent in English and French
What you will be a part of
We are an ambitious and innovative Telecom software company. We are global, well-funded and supported by a highly skilled team of talents and advisors from France, the US and Germany. We want to build a worldwide open-source champion and we are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out.
We have 4 main values that guide everything we do:
- Be Open - to change, to movement, to challenges, to criticism, to get better
- Be Pragmatic - simple steps are better than grand plans, success is built thanks to thousands of small steps, some are failures, and many are successes
- Be Reliable - each team member is accountable and responsible for his own field, so that the team is stronger when facing collective challenges
- Be empathetic - we are all humans with feelings, we all have the right to make mistakes, we are willing our customers, colleagues, and partners to succeed. Our time at work should be a source of joy in our lives
What we will give you - the perks
- Competitive salary
- Performance Based-Bonus
- Flexible working
- Employer-paid private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Learning and social events
- Contract: CDI, full time employment
- Beginning: ASAP
- Flexible hours including remote work
- Location: France
Answer directly through the LinkedIn process or send your CV and a motivation letter by email to [email protected]