What you will be a part of
We are an ambitious and innovative Telecom software company. We are global, well-funded and supported by a highly skilled team of talents and advisors from France, the US and Germany. We want to build a worldwide open-source champion and we are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out.
Our ultimate mission is to make sure the Industry at large consumes less energy and raw materials through their digital transformation. We are supporting the NGO “1% for the planet”.
Your Role & Responsibilities
The R&D RAN Engineer is working in an agile R&D team and contributes to the evolution and stabilization of Firecell 4G/5G products in particular contributing to the RAN layer. He/she is part of the R&D team and works with the CTO and CPO.
The R&D RAN Engineer has an important role in the R&D team for the development and improvement of the 4G/5G RAN layer of our products.
In this role, you will be integrated in our R&D team, and interact with the Product/Project team such as:
- Participate to sprint planning/review with Firecell scrum team
- Analysis of new RAN features,
- Review and validation of existing RAN features
- Contribute to the development of the features for Firecell products,
- Work with project team to define the review the deployment architectures
- Support pre-sale team on the evaluation of customer requirements and estimation of charge
- Ensure the correct development of the feature
- Integration of Firecell products to multiple hardware platforms.
About you – what we are looking for
Top experiences/skills we will consider are:
- You possess a Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Telecommunications/computer science-Electronics and communications
- You have 3 to 5 years prior experience as RAN Engineer for mobile networks and ideally an experience of the Telecommunication Industry
- Experience in products development like eNodeB/GNB with 4G/5G NAS/SA setups
- Hands-on protocol knowledge on one or more of the following
- LTE/5G RAN (RRC, PDCP, MAC, RLC, etc)
- CORE protocol stack (NAS, S1AP, GTPC/U and 5G CN interfaces etc.)
- Hands-on experience with OAI eNB/gNB is an added advantage
- Very Good experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience working in the R&D team to develop new product features
- Attitude to collaborative development and engagement to code quality
- Experience in Unit Test validation
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Excellent knowledge of IP networks and routing.
- Autonomous and proactive: you like to propose new validation process and tools
- Knowledge of a wide variety of management tools like Jira, GitLab, Jenkins.
- Energetic and positive
- Native or fluent in English and French will be an added advantage
Our Core Values
We are an equal employer and we do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. We support the ecological transition through “1% for the planet” as we believe our work must drive social and ecological change.
We have 4 main values that guide everything we do:
- Be Open – to change, to movement, to challenges, to criticism, to get better
- Be Pragmatic – simple steps are better than grand plans, success is built thanks to thousands of small steps, some are failures, and many are successes
- Be Reliable – each team member is accountable and responsible for his own field, so that the team is stronger when facing collective challenges
- Be Empathetic – we are all humans with feelings, we all have the right to make mistakes, we are willing our customers, colleagues and partners to succeed. Our time at work should be a source of joy in our lives
What we will give you – the perks
- Competitive salary
- Performance Based-Bonus
- Flexible working
- Employer-paid private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Learning and social events
- Contract: CDI, full time employment
- Beginning: ASAP
- Flexible hours including remote work
- Location: France
Answer directly through the LinkedIn process or send your CV and a motivation letter by email to [email protected]